Experience mining in action at the Old Hundred Gold Mine Tour in Silverton. Ride the mine train 1/3 mile underground. See mining demonstrations using authentic San Juan equipment. Pan for gold, silver, copper and keep what you find! Best of all, panning is FREE with your ticket purchase! Open daily 10 am – 4 pm. No reservations needed. Visit www.minetour.com for information.
- Ride a vintage electric powered mine train in an authentic miner’s “man-trip” car once used at the famous Camp Bird Gold Mine.
- See colorful minerals and crystals in tunnels blasted by hand from solid volcanic rock.
- Watch mining equipment demonstrations the way it was done with air powered drills, slusher, and mucking machines dating as far back as the 1930’s.
- See the incredible 1904 Old Hundred Boarding House perched on a sheer cliff 2,000 feet above the mine!
- Relax at our covered picnic area.
- Get discounts to other historic mining sites and museums with the Silverton Heritage Pass.
Click on an image to begin slideshow.