Adam Swanson: Ragtime at the Belle
Adam Swanson, our fabulous ragtime in residence, performs ragtime and other favorites. Adam Swanson is one of the world’s foremost performers of vintage American popular music, including ragtime, early jazz, the Great American Songbook, and more. He holds a bachelor’s in classical piano and a master’s in musicology from the Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University. Although he is only twenty-five years old, Adam has been a featured performer and lecturer at ragtime and jazz festivals across the United States, and he is the only four-time winner of the World Championship Old-Time Piano Playing Contest.
He made his New York debut in Carnegie Hall at the age of nineteen, where he performed with Michael Feinstein. Adam has performed at the Cinecon Classic Film Festival in Hollywood and the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., as well as in Hungary and Switzerland. He has worked with such musicians as Toronto’s John Arpin, former rock star Ian Whitcomb, and legendary 1950s recording artist Johnny Maddox, who is one of Adam’s greatest influences. Adam performs every summer at the historic Strater Hotel in Durango, Colorado, where he is musical director of the new Durango Ragtime and Early Jazz Festival.
- Wednesday, July 1-Saturday, July 4: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, July 6-Saturday, July 11: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, July 13-Saturday, July 18: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, July 20-Saturday, July 25: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, July 27-Saturday, August 1: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, August 3-Saturday, August 7: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, August 10-Saturday, August 15: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, August 17-Saturday, August 22: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, August 24-Saturday, August 29: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
- Monday, August 31: 5:30 PM -8:30 PM
Diamond Belle Saloon699 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301