Iron Horse Bicycle Classic
This is the big race! Gear up or just watch as bikers race the train from Durango to Silverton all day from May 24th through the 26th.
Since 1972, this iconic event has tested man vs. machine, as bicyclists race the train from Durango to Silverton on the beautiful Million Dollar Highway. Can you make it in time to enjoy the beautiful ride back downhill? Don’t forget your one way ticket back on the train. Also stay in Durango and enjoy all the bicycle centered events for the weekend. Roadies, BMXers and Mountain Bikers unite, because there is an event for everyone. Register to ride here.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad479 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301
Schedule Of Events
Friday, May 24
- Final Packet Pickup Buckley Park (1pm-7pm)
- Late Registration for Riders
- Beer garden, food, live music, vendors, demos, kids' activities
Saturday, May 25
- Durango Coca-Cola Road Race (7:30am)
- McDonald's Citizens Tour to Silverton (8am)
- Quarter Horse to Purgatory (8:15am)
- Pedal Assist E-bike Tour to Purgatory (8:15am)
- Race and Citizen Tour finish at Memorial Park (9am-1pm)
- Road Race Awards Ongoing At Finish Line (9:45 am to 11:00 am)
Sunday, May 26
- La Strada La Plata Gravel Ride (9 AM Start)
- Morehart Murphy Mountain Bike Race (11 AM - 4 PM / Category times vary)
- Sprite Kids Race & Alpine Kids Village (Registration 8am-9am)
- Kids Village - 9am-2pm
- Durango Cyclery Cruiser Crit (5 PM)
- Durango downtown bike festival: kids festival with fun activities, live music, vendors and racing. Copper mug specials around town..