- This event has passed.
Iron Horse Bicycle Classic
This is the big race! Gear up or just watch as bikers race the train from Durango to Silverton all day from May 25th through the 27th.
Since 1972, this iconic event has tested man vs. machine, as bicyclists race the train from Durango to Silverton on the beautiful Million Dollar Highway. Can you make it in time to enjoy the beautiful ride back downhill? Don’t forget your one way ticket back on the train. Also stay in Durango and enjoy all the bicycle centered events for the weekend. Roadies, BMXers and Mountain Bikers unite, because there is an event for everyone. Register to ride here.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad479 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301
Schedule Of Events
Friday, May 25
- Final Packet Pickup Buckley Park (3pm-7pm)
- Narrow Horse Swim
- Steamworks Faceplant Party: Beer, live music, vendors and bike parade. At Buckley Park 3-8pm
- Iron BMX
Saturday, May 26
- Durango Coca-Cola Road Race (7:30am)
- McDonald's Citizens Tour to Silverton (8am)
- Quarter Horse to Purgatory (8:15am)
- MBS King/Queen of Mountain (Road & MTB Omnium)
- Bike Pickup Durango High School (3pm-7pm)
- Silverton Finish Line Festival: Beer garden, food, vendors and racing. Memorial Park 9am-1pm. Come out and support Silverton’s non profits.
Sunday, May 27
- La Strada La Plata Gravel Ride (9 AM Start)
- Morehart Murphy Subaru MTB Race (11 AM - 4 PM / Category times vary)
- Sprite Kids Race & Alpine Kids Village (Registration 8am-9am)
- Alpine Bank Kids Village - 9am-2pm
- BP BMX Straight Rhythm (1PM - 4PM)
- Durango Cyclery Cruiser Crit (5 PM)
- Durango downtown bike festival: kids festival with fun activities, live music, vendors and racing. Copper mug specials around town..
- Narrow Horse Triathlon - May 25, 2018
- Narrow Gauge 10 Mile - May 27, 2018