- This event has passed.
Winter Cascade Canyon Excursion
The winter Cascade Canyon excursion departs daily from Durango and leads you on a 26-mile journey through the San Juan National Forest and along the Animas River in the comfort of heated coaches. Sit back, relax, and enjoy breathtaking views along untouched land deep in the canyon.
The train will depart from Durango at 9:45, and arrive at Cascade Canyon at 11:50. At 12:45 pm, the train will depart and make it’s way back to Durango for a 2:45 arrival time.
The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad offers an extraordinary opportunity to the passengers on our Winter Photographer’s Special! Passengers will detrain to capture images of an authentic steam train traveling alongside the Animas Canyon in the winter!The Rio Grande Southern Galloping Goose No. 5 will offer a photography special between Durango and Cascade Canyon with several runbys on the way to Cascade Canyon.
- 2/15/19 Galloping Goose Photo Special to Cascade Canyon
- 2/16/19 Southern Pacific 18 (SP-18) Photo Special to Cascade Canyon
- 2/16/19 Night Photography Shoot*
- 2/17/19 Winter Photo Special to Cascade Canyon
- 2/17/19 Night Yard Photography Shoot
- 2/18/19 Ultimate Railfan Photo Excursion
- 2/22/19: Goose Excursion to Cascade Canyon
- 2/23/19: Goose Excursion to Cascade Canyon
*Must Purchase Photo Train or Goose Special/Photo tickets in order to participate in Night Photo Shoots. If there are any spaces available 24 hours before the night session, they will be made available to the general public.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad479 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301