Kinfolk Farms is a cannabis dispensary in Durango, but there is far more than meets the eye inside this little shop. Kinfolk Farms is Durango's first and only onsite grow and dispensary, providing the area with locally grown, convenient and affordable cannabis.
About Kinfolk Farms
Kinfolk Farms is Durango's only onsite grow and dispensary. The Grow was established in 2015, with the Dispensary in Durango opening on 4.20.2019. They have a passion for cannabis and provide Durango locals and visitors the best of the best when it comes to flowers, edibles, clones, tinctures, topicals, concentrates and more.
The Cannabis Grow at Kinfolk Farms produces the highest quality cannabis from seed to plant. The cannabis grown is pesticide-free, tested for purity and consistency and carefully maintained throughout the grow cycle. The grow cycle involves four separate rooms: The Mother Room, the Clone Room, the Vegetative Cycle and the Flowering Cycle. After the cycle is complete and buds are mature, they are harvested.
- The Mother Room: The "Mothers" are the parent plants. Kinfolk keeps 4-6 mothers of each strain on-site.
- The Clone Room: The Clone Room is where the mothers are taken for cutting. The growers at Kinfolk cut off pieces of the mother to create more plants.
- The Vegetative Cycle: Clones are rooted and remain in the vegetative cycle for 4-6 weeks, with a specific light cycle (18 hours on, 6 hours off)
- The Flowering Cycle: The light cycle changes to 12 hours of light, 12 hours of dark. For 8-9 weeks, the plants continue to grow. Large fan leaves are trimmed off throughout this time.
The Dispensary at Kinfolk Farms is where you will be able to purchase all of the products made by the onsite grow process. Kinfolk Farms' dispensary has a wide variety of products available and a great staff available to answer your questions and help you choose the right products.
- Flower: A flower, or the bud, is the smokable part of a cannabis plant that has gone through the harvesting, drying and curing process.
- Concentrates: Concentrates are gathered by removing excess plant materials and impurities, creating a higher, more concentrated substance. Concentrates can be used to increase the potency of another cannabis product, vaporized or consumed in other ways.
- Edibles: Edibles take the form of candies, chocolates, cookies, gummies, mints & more. Edibles are marijuana infused food and drinks.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are created by steeping cannabis in alcohol. They are most often consumed by placing drops of the liquid under the tongue.
- Topicals: Topicals are products like lotions, sprays, patches, salves and other products that are applied to the skin/
There are even more types of cannabis products available at Kinfolk, so be sure to ask the staff for assistance in picking the right products for you. Visit this dispensary in Durango on your next vacation.