Mesa Verde encompasses over 80 square miles and protects over 5,000 archaeological sites, including the famous Cliff Palace and nearly 600 cliff dwellings, some of which are more than 800 years old.
When you book this tour you’ll sit back and relax while our experienced, knowledgeable archaeologist-trained guide takes you around the park. With their knowledge, you will be able to ask questions, read literature, and listen to your own tour of the park.
You get to save gas, time, and entrance fees with our guided tours. All of our vehicles are comfortable with air conditioning for those hot summer months and heated for the winter months.
- Depart our Durango office at 360 South Camino Del Rio Suite #200 Durango, Co 81301 at 9:15 am
- Arrive Mesa Verde Visitor Center 10:10 am
- 10:10 am – 12:45 pm – explore attractions on Chapin Mesa including any combination of the following:
- Timing-dependent stop for close-up exploration of 12th and 13th-century mesa top sites at the Far View Village complex including Coyote Village and the Far View Great House
- Explore Cliff Palace up close with one of the ranger lead tours with a National Park Ranger.
- Driving tour of selected sites on the Mesa Top Loop to include short walks to Mesa top sites and canyon overlooks for views of the major cliff dwellings in the park including Cliff Palace and “downtown” Mesa Verde
- Arrive at Durango at 2:15 pm
- Price includes Ranger Lead Tickets to Cliff Palace and Park Entrance Fees. We will have a cooler on board for snacks and lunches you are encouraged to bring.
Gratuity is not included in the price and is much appreciated.
This is a full-day tour (not including lunch) that begins at 9:15 am and ends at approximately 2:15 pm.