With spring approaching, it is the perfect time to get out outdoors and experience the amazing hiking opportunities in Durango. There are strenuous hikes for those who want to test their limits. For those just wanting to see a view but not necessarily break a sweat, there are amazing overlooks as well.
- Animas City Mountain: With various side trails that link to the mail trail, this 6 mile loop takes about 4 hours. During early March, you’ll see many climbers and bouldering along with icy and snowy mornings so be prepared!
- Perin Peak Loop: This dog friendly loop is 6.5 miles and located near Durango with various activities along the way!
- Piedra Trail: While horses are available to use on this 10.6 mile trail, it is also good for hikers of all skillsets!
- Animas Overlook Trail: Less strenuous trail of 0.8 miles is good for all types of hikers and open from May through October.
- Dry Fork Loop: Looking for some beautiful wildflowers? This 9.2 mile loop is perfect for you and also allows mountain biking and trail running.
These are just suggested hikes in the area but there are many others you will enjoy! Our hiking page lists guidelines along with a few other trails.
Do you have other trails you love? Please share with us! Follow us on instagram and share your favorite hiking pictures with us at #DurangoCO. You might see yourself featured!
Get outdoors and enjoy all Durango has to offer!