One of Durango’s most popular running races for close to 30 years, the Turkey Trot presented by Mercy Sports Medicine is a holiday tradition for the whole family.
Come burn off some calories and work up an appetite before your big meal!
The Turkey Trot features a 5 mile race and a 1 mile fun run. All of the proceeds go to great local charities.
- Register Now!
- On-line registration closes Wed, Nov 25 at 3pm.
- Entry Fees:
- 5 Mile:
- $15 through Oct. 31
- $20 through November 18
- $25 through November 25
- $30 on race day
- 1 Mile:
- Free! We make the 1-mile kids’ run free to encourage as many kids as possible to run. You are welcome to donate on race morning if you like.
- 5 Mile:
The race begins at the clock tower on the FLC campus, winds along Rim Road to the golf course, then up into the Hillcrest neighborhood. It then proceeds down past the reservoir, behind the golf course past Lion’s Den, and back to the clock tower.
An aid station with water and Powerade is available at mile 3.5 of the course.
- Packet pickup is on the morning of the race from 8:30 – 9:30am in the Student Union building on the Fort Lewis College campus.
- Ample parking is available for free on campus.
- 5 Mile: Begins at 10:00am
- 1 Mile: Begins at 11:00am (Parents are welcome to run the 1 mile for free with their children)
- A quick runner briefing will take place at the start line at 9:55am.
- We have a professional timing company with results in real time. You can check your results right away at the timing kiosk.
- A pumpkin pie will be awarded to the top finishers in each age group.
- An insane amount of prizes will also be given out through a random drawing.
- Prizes will also be given to the best turkeys in the gobbling competition.
- Volunteers are needed for packet pickup, start/finish setup and tear down, aid stations, and course marshals.
- If you, a friend or a family member would like to volunteer, please contact Chris Feazell.
- Race Directors:
- Matthew Krichman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-903-6774
Fort Lewis College1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301